Online Tests & Assessment FAQs
How can my company submit a bid to provide MVCA with computers and peripherals for the 2023 online state assessments?
What tests will my child be required to take?
MVCA students are required to take the following tests:
- Course lesson assessments
- Course unit assessments
- Semester assessments
- Literacy screening for early elementary students
- Diagnostic and formative assessments to measure growth and mastery of grade level standards
- Michigan Student Test of Educational Progress (M-STEP) or MI-Access (alternate assessment, as applicable) for students in grades 3–8, 11, and eligible 12:
- Math and Reading (grades 3–8)
- Science (grades 4, 7 and eligible 12)
- Social Studies (grades 5, 8, 11, and eligible 12)
- PSAT: English Language Arts (grade 8)
- PSAT: Mathematics (grade 8)
- M-STEP: Science (grade 8)
- M-STEP: Social Studies (grade 8)
- PSAT 9 and PSAT 10 for students in grades 9 and 10
- Michigan Merit Exam (grade 11 and eligible 12), which consists of the SAT, WorkKeys, and M-STEP
Will my child have to participate in state testing?
Yes. MVCA students must comply with all state-mandated testing. This is a mandatory requirement.