Online Tests & Assessment FAQs
What tests will my child be required to take?
MVCA students are required to take the following tests:
- Course lesson assessments
- Course unit assessments
- Semester assessments
- Literacy screening for early elementary students
- Diagnostic and formative assessments to measure growth and mastery of grade level standards
- Michigan Student Test of Educational Progress (M-STEP) or MI-Access (alternate assessment, as applicable) for students in grades 3–8, 11, and eligible 12:
- Math and Reading (grades 3–8)
- Science (grades 4, 7 and eligible 12)
- Social Studies (grades 5, 8, 11, and eligible 12)
- PSAT: English Language Arts (grade 8)
- PSAT: Mathematics (grade 8)
- M-STEP: Science (grade 8)
- M-STEP: Social Studies (grade 8)
- PSAT 9 and PSAT 10 for students in grades 9 and 10
- Michigan Merit Exam (grade 11 and eligible 12), which consists of the SAT, WorkKeys, and M-STEP
Will my child have to participate in state testing?
Yes. MVCA students must comply with all state-mandated testing. This is a mandatory requirement.