How To Enroll
Now enrolling for the 2018–2019 school year. Apply early!*
If you are interested in enrollment for the 17/18 school year, please call us at 877.794.9427.
Please ensure you meet the following eligibility requirements before completing the enrollment process:
- Currently reside within the state of Michigan, and
- Your child must be 5 years of age by September 1 of the upcoming school year, OR
- Your child must be less than 20 years of age on September 1 of the upcoming school year, and not have a GED or earned a high school diploma
Steps to Enroll
Enrolling your student is important--but it shouldn't be difficult. We've designed our enrollment process to provide you with the tools, resources and guidance you'll need, any time you need it. To ensure a seamless experience, we recommend using Google Chrome or Firefox as your web browser when completing the following steps.
If you need assistance in another language, please call 855.710.0910.
1. Create an Account
The Parent Portal provides on-demand access to our online Application and Admissions Process, real-time alerts to help you stay on track, and quick links to important info.
2. Submit an Application
To submit an application, you'll provide us with basic information about your student and choose an available school.
3. Complete the Admissions Process
To complete the admissions process, you'll provide more detailed information about your student, submit necessary documentation and fulfill any additional requirements related to your student's enrollment.
4. Complete Any Next Steps
All prospective families will be contacted by an Enrollment Consultant for next steps.
5. Receive Official Approval
Upon successful completion of the enrollment process, your student will be approved. Please check your email for important information regarding your student's approval and how to access the Online School. To ensure a smooth transition to our program, students will be required to attend a New Family Virtual Orientation as part of the onboarding process.
Thanks for your interest in Michigan Virtual Charter Academy! We look forward to you and your family joining our school community soon.
Questions? Call toll free: 877.794.9422
* The number of applications received by 5:00 PM (ET) on Thursday, March 16, 2017 did not exceed the total number of seats available by grade and/or the entire school. As a result, a lottery will not be required to determine initial seat offers. Applications will now be approved in the order in which they complete the enrollment steps outlined above, until we reach our enrollment cap. If we reach our enrollment cap, applicants will be notified and will be placed on our wait list in the order in which they complete the steps. Seat offers will be extended throughout the school year as space becomes available.
Michigan Virtual Charter Academy does not discriminate in its pupil admissions policies or practices on the basis of intellectual or athletic ability, measures of achievement or aptitude, status as a student with a disability, or on any other basis that would be illegal if used by a Michigan school district.
* The number of applications received by 5:00 PM (ET) on Thursday, March 22, 2018 did not exceed the total number of seats available by grade and/or the entire school. As a result, a lottery will not be required to determine initial seat offers. Applications will now be approved in the order in which they complete the enrollment steps outlined above, until we reach our enrollment cap.