Testing and Assessment FAQs
What tests are required as part of the program?
Students who are enrolled in MVCA are required to take the following tests as part of the program:
- Lesson assessments
- Unit assessments
- Semester assessments
- Literacy screening for early elementary students
- Diagnostic and formative assessments to measure growth and mastery of grade level standards
- Michigan Student Test of Educational Progress (M-STEP) or MI-Access (alternate assessment, as applicable) for students in grades 3–8, 11 and eligible 12:
- Math and Reading (grades 3–8)
- Science (grades 4, 7 and eligible 12)
- Social Studies (grades 5, 8, 11 and eligible 12)
- PSAT 9 & PSAT 10 for students in grades 9 and 10
- Michigan Merit Exam (grade 11 and eligible 12th grade students), which consists of the SAT, WorkKeys and M-STEP
Do I have to participate in state testing?
Yes. Since MVCA is a public school, all students must participate in the testing that is mandated in Michigan.