Who We Are
Our School at a Glance
Michigan Virtual Charter Academy (MVCA) uses the K12 online curriculum to offer Michigan students in grades K-12 an exceptional learning experience. With individualized learning approaches, Michigan Virtual Charter Academy and K12 provide the tools kids need to succeed—in school and beyond.
Michigan Virtual Charter Academy is the premiere statewide K12 education program in Michigan, and here's why:
- Our highly qualified, Michigan-certified teachers, who are available online, by phone and, at the high school level, in-person at the learning center
- The exceptional, individualized K12 curriculum, which covers both the core subject areas and electives. Based on decades of education research, this curriculum packages high-quality lessons with mastery-based assessments that ensure students achieve success at each and every level.
- The online planning and assessment tools, resources, and hands-on materials ranging from textbooks to microscopes, from rocks and dirt to beautifully illustrated classic children's stories, and much more
- Our supportive school community, which organizes fun and informative monthly activities where MVCA parents, students, and staff share their successes, helpful hints, and more
- The high quality, tuition-free online public education that enables a learning experience that is individualized for each student
- The School Handbook is your source for information about programs and services available to you as a Michigan public school family. You'll also find information about policies relating to our program, and your school district. Please bookmark this page, or download and print the document so you'll have it handy should you need to consult it. Download the MVCA School Handbook [PDF]